The ways you can help DVRC and those we serve are practically endless. Please consider
- making a financial donation to fund our programs
- donating your time and talents to the support the business of the Agency
- supporting a client with specific needs
- joining a movement in your community to promote intolerance of relationshp and sexual abuse, and above all,
- reaching out and supporting a friend in need.
Donate online (one time or set up a recurring gift) by visiting our NY Charities donation page:
Double your gift with a Company Match
Double your donation without any cost to you! Many companies will match gifts made by their current and retired employees. When making a gift please consider informing your company’s philanthropic (or human resources) office to see if a matching gift is possible.
Leave a legacy of safety
One of the simplest ways to provide an enduring gift of support to DVRC is through your estate plan. You can designate a specific amount, a percentage, or a share of your residual estate. For more information, call Maggie Fronk, Executive Director, at 518-583-0280.
Donate your time and talents
- Become a hotline volunteer – in the comfort of your own home you can be the first compassionate and helpful voice someone has heard in a long time (your confidentiality is absolutely preserved)
- Support the Agency’s leadership with your professional skill: graphic design, writing, social media, event planning, etc.
- Raise funds for donation while building awareness of the issues by using your craft or talent
- Host an event or fund drive in your organization or group and donate the proceeds
- Something else? Call us at 518-583-0280.
Support our clients
How can you help a victim of relationshp or sexual abuse? Consider these ideas:
“Adopt” a family. DVRC will identify a family with specific needs so doors can fund at their desired level (e.g., prescription medication, childcare, work uniform, food, diapers, car repair, etc.)
Help pay for a security deposit on a new apartment for a family in our program
- Provide resources for specific client needs (e.g., daycare, camp or entertainment vouchers for children, apartment furnishings)
- Provide needed servicesa (e.g., haircut, car repair, lock changing)
- Foster a pet through DVRC’s Safe Pet Partnership Program
- Provide a currently needed item:
- Gas Cards to Stewart’s or local stations
- Gift Cards to local grocery and department stores such as Price Chopper, Hannaford, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.
- Cell Phones
- Twin Comforters
- Queen Comforters
- New Twin Bed Sheets
- New Queen Bed Sheets
- New Pots, Pan, Cookie Sheets
- Brooms and Dust Pans
- Radio/Alarm Clocks
- New Kitchen Utensils
- New women’s socks, undergarments, yoga/sweat pants, t-shirts
Move your community
The only way we can make a real, long term difference is by becoming intolerant of relationship and sexual abuse in our communities. We do that by promoting awareness, raising the dialog, taking action against abuse, and re-setting cultural norms for abuse to be unacceptable so that generations to come do not have to experience sexual or relationship abuse. How to start? Consider these ideas:
Ask your business or community organization to promote awareness by
providing a speaking forum to raise awareness of the extent and dynamics of sexual and relationship violence
- establishing a safe environment where people can seek help
- Host an awareness event at your home or within your club or organization
- Volunteer to work on an outreach project for the agency (ranging from 2 hours to 2 weeks in length)
- Join a movement in your community (e.g., NO MORE.org – promoting intolerance of relationship and sexual abuse)
- Got another idea? Call us – we’d love to help!
Support a friend
One of the best ways to make a lasting impact is by supporting a friend. Almost all of us have at least one friend, neighbor, family member, or colleague who needs help. Reach out, tell them you care, offer to listen. Call DVRC for help. Click here to learn more.
We are extremely grateful to those who give so generously of their time, talent, resources and compassion. Thank you for joining us in our mission to END relationship and sexual violence in Saratoga County.