DVRC strives to meet the growing demand for services in Saratoga County. At the same time, the Agency aspires to reduce the prevalence of sexual and relationship violence by putting greater focus on prevention, early intervention, and service accessibility.
In March, 2013 DVRC’s Board of Directors decided to expand the Agency’s mission and impact on the Saratoga County community.
To END relationship and sexual violence in Saratoga County
At Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Services of Saratoga County we believe relationships should be safe. No-one should be controlled by or afraid of someone they love.
- We work with communities to become intolerant of relationship and sexual abuse.
- We work with individuals and families to strengthen their economic self-sufficiency, parenting and relationship skills, and family safety.
- We can help someone escape abuse and re-start their life.
- Making the Agency and its services more visible in our communities
- Making the experience of coming to the Agency more comfortable, easy, and less shameful
- Making the Agency more accessible to those in need
- Adding services that would be valuable to people before a crisis (e.g., counseling, housing assistance, parenting assistance, financial support, employment assistance and job training)
- Adding outreach campaigns in order to raise awareness and encourage people to seek help before crisis
- Advancing community action to become intolerant of domestic and sexual abuse
- Improving outcomes for our clients
Our Next Steps:
In order to fulfill our objectives DVRC will:
- Determine and set a plan for future property needs
- Design and execute a capital campaign
- Set a marketing/communications plan for the Agency’s expanded mission and impact
- Create diverse and engaging campaigns and activities to enable community action and participation